1 Kg chicken (cut into medium length pieces)
2 tbsp. ginger garlic chopped finely green chilies finely chopped
1 cup spring onion, chopped red chili powder 1 tsp. or as per taste sugar
1 tsp. soya sauce 1 tbsp. heaped tomato ketchup 1 tsp. red chili sauce
3 tbsp. heaped corn flour red color a pinch salt as per required
1- V/s cup chicken stock or water (as per the consistency of gravy you want)
- First wash the chicken pieces thoroughly and let it dry on an absorbent paper.
- In a bowl add chicken pieces, 2 tbsp corn flour and sugar and little salt.
- Let it marinade for 1 to 2 hours, deep fry the chicken pieces.
- In a wok, heat a little oil and add ginger garlic and green chilies to it and fry for a minute.
- Now add half of the spring onions along with red chili powder and pinch of color.
- Add the fried chicken to it.
- Now add soya sauce tomato ketchup and red chili sauce in it. adjust the salt
- Mix all the ingredients very well.
- Now add the chicken stock or water
- Bring it to a boil.
- Now add the corn flour water mixture. Mix it well and let it simmer for few minutes.
- Trim it with remaining spring onions and serve hot.
- Tip- do not add too much of salt as all the Chinese sauces contain some amount of salt in it.