Islamabad (September 16, 2012): The Pakistan Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO) is organizing a three-day National Space Conference from September 17 at COMSTECH Secretariat, Islamabad.
A statement here on Saturday said that the moot is aimed to
create awareness amongst the decision-makers and the general public,
about the importance and crucial role that space science and
technology can play in contributing to the social and economic
development of the country.
It said that this event will highlight advancements in space technology and its various applications around the world as well as Pakistan’s future plans in the space arena as envisioned under the Space Vision 2040.
Chairman SUPARCO, Ahmed Bilal, will host the event. The three-day conference will comprises of the following sessions:
1) National Space Programmes- Pakistan and other developing
2) Space Technology Applications – Tele-Health applications Telemedicine Initiatives in Pakistan.
3) Space Technology – Challenges and Opportunities for developing
4) Technology for Socio-economic Development.
5) Space Law and International Regulations.
6) Space Law in Asia Pacific.
7) Space Education and Awareness.
8) Space Science, Space Technology and Applications – Education and
Research in Pakistan.
9) Importance of International Cooperation for Developing Countries.
Speakers from Egypt, Nigeria, Ukraine, Canada, Malaysia, World
Health Organization (WHO), Asia Pacific Space Cooperation Organization, United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer
Space (UN COPOUS) and many more would be addressing the three-day conference, the statement added.(APP)