State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) offers financial assistance by way of Merit Scholarship to the talented and meritorious children of its serving/retired/deceased employees (up to OG-2 level) who are pursuing their studies at Intermediate, Graduate and Post Graduate levels. These Merit Scholarships for the year 2013-14 are now open and Applications on the prescribed Form are invited from the Employees (serving/retired) and spouse/children of deceased employees of State Bank of Pakistan. Karachi for grant of “Merit Scholarships” to their children. Merit Scholarship Scheme FOR THE CHILDREN OF ITS SERVING / RETIRED I Salient Features of Merit Scholarship Scheme: 2013-14
1. Eligible Employees: The children of employees (serving/retired/deceased) up to OG-2 level only are eligible for the above Scholarship.
2. Courses of Studies and prescribed subject: (Admission taken during the academic year 2013-14).
a) Intermediate Course Intermediate in Science, Economics and Commerce, Diploma of Associate Engineering Course from any Polytechnic Institute, Computer Science. Information Technology from a reputed and recognized institution.
b) Graduation Course Graduation Course in Science, Commerce, Business, Economics, Technical Education, Public Administration, Information chnology, Medicine & Engineering from a reputed and recognized institution.
c) Post Graduation Course Post Graduation Course in Science, Commerce, Business, Economics, Technical Education. Public Administration, Information Technology, Medicine & Engineering from a reputed and recognized institution.
3. Prescribed Institutions: Scholarships for Graduation/Post-Graduation courses will be awarded only to the students who take admission either in a public sector educational institution or in any private sector educational institution classified in category “W” or “X” by the Higher Education Commission, Government of Pakistan from time to time.
4. Quota & Amount for Scholarships: Study Level Intermediate: Graduation: Post Graduation: Quota 20 10 No limit Amount (Rs.) 3000/- pm 4500/- pm 7500/- pm
5. Eligibility: Scholarships will be awarded to the children of employees (serving/retired/deceased) up to OG-2 level who have secured “A Plus”, “A” or “B” grades or obtained at least 60% marks in Matriculation / Intermediate / Graduation Examination during the calendar year 2013 provided they are not in receipt of scholarship from any other institution or the Government. Candidates who have passed “A” and “O” level EMPLOYEES examinat|0ns under the Cambridge System are also eligible for this Scheme.
6. Admissibility/ Withdrawal: • The scholarship will be granted to the candidates in order of merit.
• The scholarship will be withdrawn where children fail or do not appear in the examination. Application Procedure: Interested employees of SBP up to OG-2 Cadre or their spouse (in case of deceased employee) whose children meet the above mentioned eligible criteria of the Scholarship may apply to the Director. Human Resources Department, State Bank of Pakistan, I. I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi-74000, latest by 10th June, 2014. Application Forms may be obtained either from SBP web site www.sbp.org.pk or from Education Expenses Unit of the above Department.