Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences Jamshoro Admission Notice
Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences aims to achieve prominence as a top-tier world-class medical research and teaching university, producing topnotch healthcare providers operating excellence in every segment of the community.
The mission of Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences is to foster excellence in health professional education and research, to educate and train undergraduate and graduate students of medical and health sciences in accordance with highest professional standards and ethical values and to meet the healthcare needs of the community through dissemination of knowledge and service.
LOCATION – View Map
Located in the province of Sindh on the right bank of river Indus at Jamshoro. It is 160 km north from the port city of Karachi and 16 km from the historical city of Hyderabad.
From 1951 to 2001 (50 years) Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences was known as Liaquat Medical College, Jamshoro
- Establishment of Al Tibri International Hostel in January 2011
- Establishment of Minimal Invasive Surgical Centre in September 2009
- Establishment of Institute of Biomedical Technology in March 2009
- New Research & Diagnostic Pathology Laboratory started functioning at Civil Hospital Hyderabad Branch in 2002.
- Gynaecology Unit-IV, new ward at Jamshoro started in 2001.
- New block for Community & Forensic Medicine in 2001.
- In January 2001, Liaquat Medical College was upgraded to a full fledged University, named “Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences“. The formaer Liaquat Medical College was affiliated with University of Sindh.
- Foundation Stone of Colonel Najeeb Khan Sports Stadium laid-down in 2000.
- Computer Literacy Center & Internet Facilities established in 2000.
- ICU at Jamshoro campus started in 2000.
- College of Nursing established in 1999.
- ICU at City Branch started in 1998.
- Teaching Aid Laboratory established in 1995.
- Department of Medical Education established in 1995.
- New blocks for Urology, Haemodialysis, Cardiology and Paediatrics indoor patients constructed at Hyderabad in 1992.
- Regional Office of CPSP established in 1991.
- Computer Section established in 1989.
- Audio-visual Library added in 1989.
- Raised to the status of Postgraduate Institute in 1989.
- Establishment of Cancer Ward at Jamshoro in 1988.
- Dewan Mushtaque Coronary Care Unit established at Hyderabad in 1982.
- Regional Office of PMRC established in 1980.
- New indoor building complex constructed at LMCH Hyderabad in 1972.
- Sir C. J. Institute of Psychiatry Hyderabad established in 1967.
- Eye Hospital at Hyderabad started functioning in 1967.
- Atomic Energy Medical Center established in 1965.
- Dental Section & BDS Course added in 1963.
- Beginning of Postgraduate Courses in 1963.
- Shifting to Jamshoro Campus completed in 1963.
- Foundation Stone of Jamshoro Campus laid down in 1954.
- Named as Liaquat Medical College in 1951.
- Raised to the status of a Medical College in 1942.
- Started as a Medical School in 1881.